Monday, October 14, 2013

Design, composition and camera settings

Lata Sangtani, 2nd from right, serves at the Hindu Temple of Toledo in Sylvania, Ohio. (PHO245 photos by Parth Pitroda)
Sherry Clark reads a magazine
   The most important thing I learned from this assignment are the design elements form the NewsU tutorial. 
   The elements were the rule of thirds, different perspectives, and Sense of Place. The Sense of Place element was the most interesting and new to me. There were some other ones that were confusing. The Emotion Element, Mood, Surprise were all confusing elements.
   Image composition was old news to me. Practicing the rule of thirds is routine to me. There is one new composition technique, juxtaposition which was quite interesting. This composition style demonstrates togetherness in an image guiding the viewer to the subject.  
Ric Wolkins paints a pottery building.
    Most of the camera operations are quite fond of me. Camera settings can be confusing to some photographers at first. The reason they can be confusing is when the ISO is maxed out, the photographer has to compensate using either f-stop or shutter speed. The photographer then needs to give up depth or use a slow shutter speed this is when it gets tricky. A sports scene for example would be hard to use slow shutter speed because, slow shutter speed blur action. I can name many camera settings that come into play to make proper reciprocity but to name a few are: white balance (color balance), aperture (depth), shutter speed (motion). I feel that this assignment motivated me to be better at using my camera to make outstanding yet strong in design photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment